>> Tuesday, February 10
I thought it would be impossible to make something this delicious and healthy in less than 10 minutes, but sure enough, it took just 5, even with an electric stove to slow the process. The nice thing about cooking with Swiss regional foods is that it’s incredibly easy to make authentic Italian flavors too, and the oregano, balsamic vinegar, and fennel all lend themselves perfectly to this Swiss-Italian fusion.
Five Minute Balsamic Tipped Veggies
Ingredients (for 1. Multiply by the number of people to be served for a side, or multiply by 2 for each person for a main dish):
- ¼ large head of fennel, sliced into strips.
- 1 yellow (or other) carrot, sliced into rounds
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- a few tbsp water
- a pinch of black pepper
- 2 round slices of lemon
- Heat a skillet over medium flame for just a moment before tossing in the carrots, fennel, vinegar, and some water. Stir to coat and cover quickly.
- When the liquid has evaporated, continue stirring with a bit more water, and add the pepper, oregano, and garlic.
- Add the lemon and increase the heat for 1 minute, stirring, to give a browned, roasted edge to the veggies.